We respect your rights to privacy under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Laws). We comply with all Privacy Laws in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
- What is your personal information?
- What personal information do we collect and hold?
If you are a customer or potential customer of our network, we may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- mailing or street address;
- age or birth date;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- details of the services you have acquired from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries;
- information you provide to us during telephone calls, in-person visits or in emails to our representatives from time to time; and
- in some Australian States and Territories, we may be required by applicable laws, regulations or codes of conduct to verify your identity before we can provide our services to you. This may involve conducting a 100-point identity check, sighting a form of photographic identity such as drivers licence number or passport number and/or confirming your ownership of the property that you wish us to sell on your behalf.
If you are a One Agency licensee or you apply to become a One Agency licensee, we may collect additional information including:
- qualifications, Real Estate license/registration number and experience;
- information relating to your business including business name, business identification number (ABN/ACN/NZBN), director and/or shareholder information; and
- bank details to enable agreed direct debits.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
- How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- when you make an enquiry about our services or becoming a One Agency licensee;
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- when you apply for a job with us;
- when you make an enquiry about our services; or
- when you become a client of ours or a debtor of ours.
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information about you from our licensees, including as part of the operation of our business or the business of our licensees.
- What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
- For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you (either as a customer of our licensees or directly as a One Agency licensee);
- to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services;
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
- to provide your updated personal information to our licensees, contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
- Our website
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
- Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, One Agency licensees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate or licensees.
- Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate or licensees and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the Privacy Laws relating to your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate or licensees;
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Australia; and
- other third parties located in Australia, and New Zealand.
- Security and data quality
We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information held in electronic form is held by All IT Australia located at 117 Old Pittwater Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100. Personal information held in hard copy is stored at our premises at 4/11 Ada Ave, Brookvale NSW 2100.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that you submit to us through our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
- How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it, together with your requested amendment.
If we correct your personal information, we will, so far as is reasonable practicable, inform every other person to whom we have disclosed that information.
- What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the relevant Privacy Laws, if applicable).
For information about privacy law, privacy principles, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact:
- in Australia, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner; or
- in New Zealand, the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
- Contacting us
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
One Agency Pty Limited
One Agency NZ Pty Limited
PO Box 569, BALGOWLAH NSW 2093 Australia
Tel: 1300 792 388 (Monday – Friday)
+61 2 8039 2110 (International)
Email: [email protected]